Language: Hindi, Topics Covered:
1. Origin of the earth, Nebular theory of Laplace
2. Speculation about earth’s interior: Heaviest elements are placed at the core and lighter elements are at the surface.
3. Interior of the earth: Density study, Temperature study, Direct and indirect evidences
4. SIAL and SIMA concepts- Edward Suess
5. Seismic wave studies: Propagation of S-Waves and P-Waves
6. Layers of earth’s interior: Lithosphere, asthenosphere, mantle, outer core, inner core.
7. Composition of interior of the earth and the crust.
8. Rocks of the continental crust
9. Rock-cycle (Igneous rock, sedimentary, metamorphous)
10. Properties of Igneous rocks
11. Properties of sedimentary rocks
12. Properties of metamorphous rocks
13. Prev. years question on rocks
14. Geological history of the earth: Super continent –Rodinia, Breaking up of Rodinia
15. Formation and breaking of Pangaea
16. What are Panthalasa
17. Laurasia, Gondwana and Tethys sea
18. Breaking up of Gondwana
19. Movement of Indian plate
Faculty Name: Ms. Rajtanil Solanki
Powerpoint available at http://Mrunal.org/download
Venue: Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Ahmedabad
Exam-Utility: UPSC CSAT, CDS, CAPF